WHEN THEY JOIN THE STRIVE HEALTH CLUB, MEMBERS AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES.
GUESTS AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WHEN THEY SIGN IN WITH US.
WE MAY TERMINATE OR SUSPEND YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE STRIVE HEALTH CLUB IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE RULES.
WE DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO PARAGRAPH 12 (RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE) AND TO THE HEALTH COMMITMENT STATEMENT.
You can download a copy of these Rules from www.strive.je.
- You means any individual who visits the Strive Health Club as a member or the guest of a member;
- We means Strive Jersey Limited, a company registered in Jersey, Channel Islands (registration number 122128), whose registered office is at 2nd Floor The Le Gallais Building, 54 Bath Street, St Helier Jersey JE1 1FW; and
- A member means someone who we have accepted as a member of the Strive Health Club and who has a current membership contract with us.
- No one who is under 14 years of age may use the Strive Health Club as a member or as a guest.
- Anyone who is under 16 years old must be accompanied and supervised by someone who is at least 18 years old at all times while on our premises.
- You must comply with any age restrictions which apply to specific facilities at the Strive Health Club.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must not enter our premises if you have an infectious illness or condition.
- You must consult your doctor before using any of the facilities at the Strive Health Club and act on medical advice if you are undergoing any medical procedure or if you have diabetes, high or low blood pressure, heart disease, any condition which causes breathing difficulties, a skin disorder, any other medical condition which might affect your ability to use our facilities safely, or if you are pregnant.
- You must inform a member of our staff if you have a medical condition which may put you at risk.
- If you feel unwell while exercising or using any of the facilities at the Strive Health Club you must immediately stop exercising or using that facility.
- You must inform a member of our staff immediately if, while on our premises, you feel unwell.
- You must comply with the signage in the Strive Health Club. If you do not understand a notice or sign please ask one of our team members.
- If there is a fire or if you hear an alarm (unless you have been informed by our staff that it is a test), you must make your way out of the Strive Health Club as quickly as possible, without stopping to collect any belongings, through the nearest exit, and go to the advertised assembly point in the car park.
- You must not block or make it difficult to use any fire or emergency exit.
- If you have, or if you witness an accident or a near miss, or if you sustain an injury while on our premises, you must immediately report it and the circumstances in which it happened to our senior manager on duty at the time.
- You must not smoke or use e-cigarettes anywhere inside our building. Outside our building you must not smoke or use e-cigarettes except in areas we designate for that purpose.
- You must not enter our premises if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. You can find details of those symptoms at: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/PublicHealthGuidance/Pages/CoronavirusInformation.aspx.
- You must not enter our premises if you have had positive test result for Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- You must allow us to take your temperature whenever you visit our premises and you must immediately leave our premises if you have a high temperature.
- You must use the hand sanitiser and any protective equipment we provide, comply with our social distancing measures and instructions and any other measures we take to help protect against infection or transmission.
SECURITY, ENTRY AND EXIT
- You must use the main entrance to the Strive Health Club when you enter or leave (unless there is a fire or other emergency).
- Members must swipe their membership card or use the Strive App barcode whenever they enter or leave our premises.
- Guests must sign in and out at reception whenever they enter or leave our premises.
- All members and all guests must produce proof of identity if requested by a member of our staff.
- We do not permit entry to the Strive Health Club if you arrive less than 30 minutes before our closing time. Certain facilities may close 30 minutes before our closing time.
- You must leave the Strive Health Club at least 5 minutes before it is due to close.
- You must behave appropriately, respectfully and politely and with consideration for other users and our staff at all times when you are on our premises. You must not spoil any other user’s use or enjoyment of the Strive Health Club or its facilities.
- You must wear clothing and footwear which is suited to your activities. You must not wear clothing which is too revealing, causes offence, or is dirty or unhygienic.
- You must change your clothing or footwear if a member of our staff thinks that it is not suitable or appropriate and asks you to change it. If you are in doubt about whether any clothing or footwear is suitable or appropriate you must consult with a member of our staff.
- You must not wear any jewellery which may injure anyone.
- You must not act in any violent, abusive, intimidating or threatening way. In particular, you must not racially abuse or sexually harass anyone.
- You must not act in any way which is dangerous to anyone or causes any distress to anyone.
- You must not use bad or offensive language or swear at any of our staff or other users or verbally abuse or insult them.
- You must not bring onto our premises or, while on our premises use, any illegal drug.
- You must not bring alcohol onto our premises and you must not drink on our premises except in CAFÉ 790.
- You must not be drunk or under the influence of illegal drugs while on our premises.
- Members are responsible for their guests and their guests’ behaviour while their guests are on our premises and must ensure that their guests comply with these Terms.
- Members must accompany their guests at all times while their guest is on our premises and must not leave our premises before all their guests have left.
- There may be limits on the number of people who can use a specific facility at the Strive Health Club at any one time and we may restrict access in order to observe those limits. We may also restrict the amount of time you use any facility if that facility is busy and others are waiting to use it.
- You must not bring any animal (except a registered or accredited guide dog if you have a sight or hearing disability or a trained medical alert dog) onto our premises.
- You must ensure that any child you are responsible for supervising does not use any area of the Strive Health Club which is reserved for use by adults.
- You must not consume any food or drink on our premises unless you have bought it from us.
- You must not remove any crockery or glasses from CAFÉ 790 unless we have expressly given you permission to do that.
- No one under 14 years old may take part in a class. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by someone who is at least 18 years old.
- We may change the time of any class or the instructor (or both) at any time without notice.
- You must arrive and be ready to take the class at least 5 minutes before the class is due to start. If you are late you may not be able to take the class.
- If you cancel a class less than 24 hours before that class is due to start, you must pay our then current cancellation fee.
- If you book a class, our class booking terms and conditions apply. These terms and conditions and details of fees and cancellation fees are available from reception.
- No one under 14 years old may use the gym.
- Anyone who uses the gym and is under 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised by someone who is at least 18 years old.
- You must complete a Health Commitment Statement before you use the gym.
- You must wear suitable exercise clothing and closed footwear at all times when using any machinery or training in any free weights area.
- If you are unsure about how to use any equipment you must consult a member of our staff before you use that equipment.
- You must wipe clean, tidy and put back in its original place all equipment after you have finished using it.
- You must not use the gym while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, any medication or any other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely or which may make you a danger or disturbance to other users or to members of our staff.
- No one under 16 years old may use the sauna.
- You must shower before you use the sauna.
- You must comply with the sauna rules and guidelines displayed in the Strive Health Club and any instructions of a member of our staff.
- You must not shave, exfoliate (remove dead skin), use oils, lotions or conditioners, or eat, while in the sauna or in any shower.
- You must not take flammable or combustible materials or anything which may shatter, into the sauna.
- You must not stay in the sauna for longer than the recommended time.
- You must not use the sauna while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, any medication or any other substance which may affect you while in the sauna.
THE HYDROTHERAPY POOL
- No one under 14 years old may use the pool. Anyone who uses the pool or is in the pool area and is under 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised by someone who is at least 18 years old.
- You must shower before you use the pool.
- You must comply with the hydrotherapy pool rules and guidelines displayed in the Strive Health Club and any instructions of a member of our staff.
- You must not run in the pool area or jump or dive into the pool or behave in any way which disturbs other users.
- You must not shave, exfoliate (remove dead skin), use oils, lotions or conditioners, use breakable containers, or eat, while in the pool or the pool area or in any shower.
- You must not consume food or alcohol in the pool area.
- You must not take anything which may shatter into the pool or pool area.
- You can bring swimming or buoyancy aids into the pool, but you must not bring toys or anything which impedes buoyancy or is a risk to you or other people into the pool.
- You must not wear outdoor footwear in the pool area. You must wear conventional swim wear. If you have long hair you must tie it up or wear a swimming cap while in the pool.
YOUR BELONGINGS, LOCKERS AND CHANGING ROOMS
- You must not bring valuables into the Strive Health Club.
- Although we provide lockers, they are not designed to protect valuables and you must not use them as though they are a safe. You must not leave valuables in any changing room.
- You must not use a locker to store anything except your gym kit, toiletries and the clothes you wear when you enter the Strive Health Club. If we suspect that you have broken this rule, we may open the locker and remove any items which breach this rule.
- If you leave any of your belongings in a locker or anywhere else on our premises overnight, we can remove them.
- We can destroy or dispose of perishable items, personal hygiene items, underwear and any unhygienic items which are left overnight anywhere on our premises. You can claim other items you have left on our premises from reception for up to two weeks after you left them. After that time, we can destroy or dispose of them or sell them and donate the proceeds of sale to a charity of our choice.
- You must not take any locker key from our premises.
- If you find anyone else’s property on our premises, you must hand it into reception immediately.
MOBILE PHONES AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Except in an emergency, you must not take phone calls in the gym.
- When using a phone, you must be considerate to other members and their guests. You must not prevent or delay others using any equipment of facility by spending time on the phone or texting or using your phone in any other way and you must not disturb others by taking or making long or loud calls.
- You must not take any phone, tablet or camera into the sauna, the pool, the pool area or the showers. You may not use any phone, tablet or camera in the changing rooms or toilets.
- You must not take photographs or make a video or voice recording of any other person at any time while on our premises.
THE CAR PARK
- You must not use the car park except while you are using the facilities at the Strive Health Club. Your vehicle must leave the carpark soon after you leave the Strive Health Club.
- You must park in the marked bays.
- You must not park in any space reserved for disabled badge holders unless you have and display a disabled badge.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
- We are not liable for any personal property which is lost, damaged or stolen while on our premises except to the extent that the loss, damage or theft is caused by our negligence or failure to take reasonable care.
- We are not liable if, while it is parked in our car park, your vehicle is damaged or stolen or if any personal property left in your vehicle in our car park, is lost, damaged or stolen, except to the extent that the loss, damage or theft is caused by our negligence or failure to take reasonable care.
- If we breach our contract with you, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer which is the foreseeable result of our breaching the Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen (e.g. if you told us it might happen).
- We do not exclude or limit our liability if the law does not allow us to do that. That includes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees or contractors; and our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We supply our facilities and services for private use only. If you use our facilities or services for any commercial or business purpose we will not be responsible for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- You will be liable for any damage caused to our equipment or facilities which you cause deliberately, negligently or in breach of any of these Rules.
- You must comply with the signage in the Strive Health Club and we will not be liable for the consequences of you failing to comply with the signage. If you do not understand a notice or sign please ask a member of our staff.
COMPLAINTS, THE LAW WHICH APPLIES AND WHERE YOU AND STRIVE CAN GO TO COURT
- If you have any complaint, please contact us so that we can try to resolve it amicably.
- Our contract with you is governed by, and to be interpreted in accordance with, English law.
- If we and you have a dispute and cannot resolve it amicably, you or we can bring legal proceedings in the English courts or the courts of the States of Jersey.
CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We can change these Rules as we see fit and the new rules or changed Rules will apply from the time we post them to our website. We will let members know by email of any significant changes to these Rules.
These Rules were last changed on March 2021.