Privacy Notice for www.Strive.je
Strive Jersey Limited (“we” or “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our website (strive.je) (“Website”), or that you provide to us by other means will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (the “Law”), the data controller is Strive Jersey Ltd.
If you have any queries about this policy or about your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the way in which Strive has treated your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Should you wish to withdraw your consent and request us to delete any personal data, we will endeavour to do so as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with the Law.
We may collect and process data about you, in accordance with the Law:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional data, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us by any means, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. If you do complete a survey the results may be retained, however they are anonymised.
- Details of your visits to the Website.
We may display the following widgets:
Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets should not create a cookie.
Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Instagram Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of Strive to your friends or followers. By default these should not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.
Where we store your personal data:
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device which you use to access the Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into through our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To regularly update you about our services and promotions in Newsletters.
Disclosure of your information:
Strive works with third parties, including (but not limited to) marketing agencies, email providers and research agencies. We may need to disclose your personal information for marketing purposes, to enable marketing communications to be sent or for research purposes to help us to provide a better service.
We use ‘EZ Runner’ leisure software/member portal which is designed to integrate into our website to give you control 24/7. Your online bookings, integrated billing, point of sale, membership management and marketing data are all held within this portal.’ Please read EZ Runner’s T&Cs here: Terms and Conditions (ez-runner.com)
We use Campaign Monitor which is a global technology company that provides an email marketing platform to manage our client mailing lists. Their privacy notice is found here: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/policies/
Upon occasion we may also use Eventbrite ticketing system to manage our client mailing lists and for Strive Event bookings. Their privacy notice is here:
Your data may be disclosed in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to apply our other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, personal data or safety of our Website, customers, affiliates or others and in particular if we are required to prevent any fraud or fraudulent transactions. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. All such disclosure is carried out in compliance with the Law.
Under the Law you have the following rights:
- You have the right to know what personal data we collect of you and how we process the data we have collected.
- You have the right to gain access to the personal data we process of you.
- When your personal data are inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct the data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold of you.
- You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your data.
- You have the right to ask us to transfer your data to another data controller’s IT environment.
- You have the right to ask not to be evaluated on the basis of automated data processing and profiling.
We will inform you upon collecting your data for which purpose we intend to process your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last updated December 2020
If you’re dissatisfied with the way in which your complaint has been handled you may contact your local data protection supervisory authority, or write to our local Information Commissioner:
|Office of the Information Commissioner
5 Castle Street, St. Helier, Jersey