Strive Hydrotherapy Treatment
BOOK YOUR HYDROTHERAPY TREATMENT SESSION
Submit your details below and one of our team will be in touch.
HYDROTHERAPY COMBINES PHYSIOTHERAPY WITH THE THERAPEUTIC AND WARMING EFFECTS OF WATER. HYDROTHERAPY CAN ASSIST WITH:
– TREATING HEALTH CONDITIONS SUCH AS ARTHRITIS OR NEUROLOGICAL DEFICITS
– TRAINING AND CONDITIONING FOR AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES
– SPEEDING UP REHABILITATION FOLLOWING INJURY OR SURGERY
AT STRIVE, WE HAVE INSTALLED A STATE-OF-THE-ART HYDROPOOL FROM SWIMEX WHICH CAN CREATE ADJUSTABLE CURRENTS FOR RESISTANCE TRAINING. THIS ALLOWS OUR EXPERIENCED PHYSIOTHERAPISTS TO MEASURE PROGRESS AND ACHIEVE FANTASTIC RESULTS.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Alongside the relaxing effects of warm water, hydrotherapy can:
● Improve endurance and muscle strength
● Aid recovery from injuries
● Increase movement and flexibility of joints
● Reduce pain
● Improve coordination and balance
● Promote circulation
The unique properties of water allow it to be used for either resistive or assistive forces. There are 3 important properties that contribute to the therapeutic effects of water:
1) Buoyancy – Buoyancy creates a weightless environment in which to train and rehabilitate. It allows you to do things you otherwise would not be able to on dry land.
2) Viscosity – This property of water provides resistance against an object (the person in this instance!). This resistance is perfect for training and the variable resistance provided by Strive’s SwimEx hydropool means that the resistance can be ramped up as you progress.
3) Hydrostatic pressure – This is the pressure exerted by a fluid at rest and it varies depending on the depth. This is the pressure you feel when you dive into a pool. The deeper you go, the greater the pressure you feel.
We strive to help everyone achieve their health and fitness goals, no matter how big or small.
Our top-of-the-range hydropool equipment allows Strive’s therapists to make use of hydrotherapy for your training and rehabilitation needs.
We ensure the pool is always kept at the perfect temperature for aiding therapy. It also benefits from an underwater treadmill and variable currents to alter the water resistance.
At your first hydrotherapy appointment, your therapist will undergo an assessment with you, ensuring that any treatment is safe and beneficial for your individual circumstances. They will talk you through the process and ensure that you have a personalised plan to achieve your goals.
Why not give us a call to discuss whether hydrotherapy could be beneficial to you?
JOIN STRIVE TODAY
Alongside your hydrotherapy programme, we can also provide you with land-based exercises and treatment to help you achieve the best results.
Are you already a Strive member? If so, you can access our full range of fantastic gym facilities and group classes to complement your training.
Not a member yet? Sign up today or try a free day pass!
A Strive membership grants you access to our professional facilities, personal coaching, and a bundle of Strive goodies.
As a Strive member, you’ll also have access to out Class Timetable where you can book trainer-led class on a day that suits you. We schedule up to 11 different classes per day – from Pilates and yoga to Strive Core and Strive Recover. Whether you’re keen to focus on Pilates or wish to branch out into other fitness classes, our timetable gives you plenty options to explore.